One of the first reasons that I fell in love with my husband was his ability to dream, and dream big. And even more astonishing was his ability to follow through on those dreams. Never afraid of discomfort, he always figures out how to make the least expected dreams work. Thanks be to God that I get to join him on his adventures.
I strongly believe that putting your dreams down in ink or speaking them aloud has profound power. It is the first step in realizing them. So I will now be doing just that. Today, on the day after Mother’s Day, as a 25-year-old, in a job where my dreams are crushed on a daily basis, I am here, putting my dreams out for the world to catch.
1. I dream of chickens. Beautiful, heirloom hens that give my family eggs of all different colors.
2. I dream of designing. Whether it be graphic design, or interior design, or surface pattern design… doesn’t really matter. But I want it to be my job to use the creative alleys of my brain.
4. I dream children. I want my family to be a tribe of love and adventure. I want Thaddeus to be the oldest of many.
5. I dream of yoga. I want to get better. I want to teach. I want my body to be limber and svelte.
6. I dream of dancing. I want to learn the art of contemporary dance.
7. I dream of action. The struggles of being a mother in 2015 in America are real and raw. I want to change that, and bring support to mothers all over our beautiful country. I want to fight for their right to chose either work or home, or both.
8. I dream of intimacy. With my husband, I dream that we will find a cure for the pain, and a freedom in our love.
9. I dream of creating. To design my own home, nestled in the blue ridge mountians, close enough to both our families, but far out in the clean air. I see light and wood and love.
What dream is on your heart, today?